Read some poetry this week.
Do you understand what it's about?
Can you spot different features?
What features can you spot?
Pick a favourite - why that one?
for some great ideas and resources.
Curl up with a good book.
Some alternatives to writing a book review:
1. Write a letter to the main character of your book. What would you tell them? What would you ask them? As an extra challenge could you write their reply?
2. Did you like the way the book ended? Even if you did could you write of an alternative ending?
3. Pretend you are a talk show host and your are interviewing characters from the book. What would you ask them?
4. Create a book jacket - include a carefully thought out front cover, an enticing blurb and a positive review comment.
5. Summarize the book into a cartoon strip. What are the key events that you need?
6. Write a newspaper article about an important event from the story.
7. Choose two characters from the story and write out a conversation they might have.
8. Describe 3 characters from the book in detail and explain as to whether you would want to meet them and give your reasons why.
9. What was the most memorable part of the story for you? Why do you remember it so well?
Keep up with the latest news - https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround
This is a kid friendly search engine. It has an encyclopedia section so you can research anything you are interested in. https://kids.kiddle.co/