Welcome to Coley Primary School
Learning today for our future tomorrow
Our vision and ethos
We are committed to inspiring children and young people to develop and prepare for their future to their full potential, and to providing a nurturing and supportive environment in which they can learn.
We expect every child to achieve their potential through high quality teaching and learning. We focus on all children achieving age related expectations and beyond through all staff consistently using the most effective methods for teaching key knowledge for life.
As a school, we aim to:
- We believe that the biggest impact on learning is breaking knowledge into manageable chunks, scaffolding and supporting when necessary and checking for understanding to ensure knowledge is stored in children’s long-term memories.
- Our purpose is to equip all learners with the knowledge, understanding, skills and resilience to succeed now and in the future.
- We offer a curriculum that meets the needs of our children, giving the opportunity for deep thinking and mastery of the subjects, enabling children to know more and remember more.
- We aim for all children to make excellent progress and for them to achieve aspirational goals by encouraging the belief that to learn we must make mistakes to grow and become life-long learners.
- We foster a climate where with respect, we challenge, question and debate opinions and ideas.
- We embrace and celebrate our multicultural community to prepare our children to be responsible global citizens; where we nurture a culture of equity.
- We promote positive well-being, mental health and emotional regulation in a safe and caring environment for all, by championing prosocial behaviours and insisting on zero tolerance for all forms of antisocial, abusive behaviours.
- Our British values teach us to learn from and contribute to our community.
- We are committed to the success of all children in our locality and through collaboration and joint learning we aim to achieve this.
We are very proud of the children who come to Coley Primary School and the wonderful things they do here.
Head Teacher: Mrs Pengelly
Deputy Head: Mrs Budd
Coley Primary School Wolseley Street, Reading RG1 6AZ
Tel: 0118 9375461 firstname.lastname@example.org