At Coley Primary School we understand that a high-quality computing education is essential for pupils to understand modern information and communication technologies. We will provide an enjoyable and rigorous curriculum that addresses the challenges and opportunities offered by the technologically-rich world in which we live
We will equip our pupils with the foundational skills, knowledge and understanding of computing they will need for the rest of their lives. They will learn how computers and computer systems work, they will design and build programs, develop their ideas using technology and create a range of content. They will use these skills to become responsible, competent, confident and creative participants of an increasingly digital world and have a solid foundation on which to build in the next phase of their education.
Coley's computing curriculum aims to ensure that our pupils:
- breaking down problems into smaller steps (decomposition)
- looking for similarities and differences among and within problems (recognising patterns)
- focussing on important information only (abstraction)
- following or developing a step-by-step solution (algorithms)
- spotting and solving errors (debugging)